This round of Monday Madness, it’s time to look at those crazy characters in the shows we love. Often, they’re on the sidelines – not the main character, their romantic interest, or the person in charge. They provide comic relief in otherwise serious shows, or are a main source of laughter in comedies. They can be indispensable, evil, or hopelessly inept. But they refuse to fade into the background, and the shows wouldn’t be the same without them.
This poll will be open for one week, and you can choose up to 10 of your favorite quirky characters. Be sure to spread the word so your favorites will make it into the top 10!
Even though there are 40 options on this list, I know there are many great characters I left out! As always, you can cast write-in ballots by leaving a comment. Want more of a say in what makes it onto the poll each week? Be sure to follow me on Twitter, since I usually ask for nominations for the next Monday Madness the weekend before the new poll.
Without further ado, here’s the poll for this week’s Monday Madness! Voting ends around 1AM April 16th.
Update: voting is over, but you can vote on this week’s poll here! Winners’ post here.
Who's your favorite quirky character? (Choose up to 10)
- Mozzie from White Collar (7%, 1,712 Votes)
- Martha Rodgers from Castle (5%, 1,330 Votes)
- Bobby Singer from Supernatural (5%, 1,203 Votes)
- Jayne Cobb from Firefly (5%, 1,201 Votes)
- Abby Sciuto from NCIS (5%, 1,198 Votes)
- Hoban Washburne from Firefly (5%, 1,182 Votes)
- Dean Pelton from Community (5%, 1,139 Votes)
- Squinterns from Bones (4%, 1,092 Votes)
- Senor Chang from Community (4%, 983 Votes)
- Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory (4%, 953 Votes)
- Claudia Donovan from Warehouse 13 (3%, 761 Votes)
- Schmidt from New Girl (3%, 744 Votes)
- Sam Axe from Burn Notice (3%, 744 Votes)
- Xander Harris from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (3%, 717 Votes)
- Parker from Leverage (3%, 683 Votes)
- Dwight Schute from The Office (3%, 617 Votes)
- Bernadette Rostenkowski from The Big Bang Theory (2%, 614 Votes)
- Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2%, 600 Votes)
- Eddie Monroe from Grimm (2%, 595 Votes)
- Morgan Grimes from Chuck (2%, 562 Votes)
- Donna from Suits (2%, 542 Votes)
- Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time (2%, 541 Votes)
- Astrid Farnsworth from Fringe (2%, 541 Votes)
- James Wilson from House (2%, 532 Votes)
- Alec Hardison from Leverage (2%, 517 Votes)
- Douglas Fargo from Eureka (2%, 514 Votes)
- Topher Brink from Dollhouse (2%, 426 Votes)
- Seymour Birkhoff from Nikita (1%, 364 Votes)
- Nell Jones from NCIS: Los Angeles (1%, 293 Votes)
- Willa Monday from The Finder (1%, 291 Votes)
- Gary Bell from Alphas (1%, 255 Votes)
- Evan R. Lawson from Royal Pains (1%, 250 Votes)
- Wallace Fennel from Veronica Mars (1%, 190 Votes)
- Marshall Flinkman from Alias (1%, 158 Votes)
- Leonardo Prince from Fairly Legal (1%, 153 Votes)
- Noah Werner from Suburgatory (0%, 117 Votes)
- Gupta from Outsourced (0%, 106 Votes)
- Davis from Tru Calling (0%, 82 Votes)
- Much from Robin Hood (0%, 81 Votes)
- Max Malini from The Cape (0%, 47 Votes)
Total Voters: 6,353
18 thoughts on “Monday Madness: Who’s Your Favorite Quirky Character?”
Ah! Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal! -Hoban Washburne
Rodney McKay from Stargate Atlantis!
Oooh, too right! McKay is like the best quirky character in all of TV history. Never has a character been so arrogant, obnoxious and cowardly, yet so compellingly entertaining and endearing.
Whyfore Rodney fails to appear on this list, Oh Tvbreakroom?
Ummm… Jim Beaver is an ACTOR on Supernatural. The CHARACTER is Bobby Singer, who is lovely and wonderful and yes, a bit quirky, and we love him. Jim Beaver is rather lovely and quirky too, but he’s no the actor you’re looking for.
Thanks so much for catching that! I’m only partway into season one of Supernatural, so I haven’t met him yet, but I wanted to include someone from the show for Supernatural fans! All fixed now.
So many good ones to choose from! This will be very hard once it gets down to the wire, I’m thinking!!
How is Astrid on here from Fringe? She probably the most normal character on the show. Maybe that’s what makes her quirky 🙂
I agree. Walter totally fits the bill on quirkiest of the quirky. But Astrid? She’s just trying to survive, man. But, she is Walter’s straight man, so she gets my vote. <3
Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds!
ps. The Squinterns on Bones are a group of characters, not one character
I know, but usually there’s only one of them in each episode. It didn’t seem fair for each one to have to compete against characters who show up in almost every episode of other shows. Besides, adding each one individually would have made this poll far longer than it already is!
Mozzie from White Collar!
GRANDE Bobby Singer,es tan querido tanto para los hermanos,como para los SUPERFANS de SUPERNATURAL.Es uno de mis favoritos!!!!!!!
Not a single Parks and Recreation character? I call Bull.
Sorry, since I never got into that show, I wouldn’t have known who to put, and no one mentioned any Parks and Rec characters when I asked for suggestions.
Here comes the Community fan base!
I’m trying to think of an odd character from a TV show, but I can’t think of the show or the character!!! I want to say she was on a few episodes on a 1990s or 2000s show, like Buffy or Ally McBeal or something like that, tho I can’t think of how she fit into the show. Crazy curly (as in, gave the appearance of curlers) short blond hair, buck teeth, crazy/mismatched clothes.