In part two of our TV couples Monday Madness, we’re looking at couples in speculative TV shows! Whether it’s sci fi, fantasy, paranormal, historical myths, or just a futuristic bent, these shows all have something out of the ordinary, even if the couples in them are perfectly normal human beings.
This poll will be open for one week, and you can choose up to 10 of your favorite TV couples. Be sure to spread the word so your favorites will make it into the top 10!
Even though there are 40-some options on this list, I know there are dozens of couples I left out! You can nominate couples I missed in the comments, and I may add them to the poll. Want more of a say in who makes it onto the poll each week? Be sure to follow me on Twitter, since I usually ask for nominations for the next Monday Madness the weekend before the new poll. Please help out with nominations! There are only so many shows I can watch personally, so I’m counting on you to fill me in!
Without further ado, here’s the poll for this week’s Monday Madness! Voting ends around 1AM June 4th.
UPDATE: poll has ended. Go vote in this week’s poll!
Which is your favorite TV couple? - Speculative Division (Choose up to 10)
- Mary and John Winchester - Supernatural (14%, 959 Votes)
- Rumpelstiltskin and Belle - Once Upon a TIme (9%, 608 Votes)
- Charming and Snow - Once Upon a Time (6%, 414 Votes)
- The Doctor and Rose - Doctor Who (5%, 352 Votes)
- Arthur and Gwen - Merlin (4%, 301 Votes)
- Elena and Damon - The Vampire Diaries (4%, 283 Votes)
- Emma and Graham - Once Upon a Time (4%, 256 Votes)
- Buffy and Spike - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (3%, 235 Votes)
- Mal and Inara - Firefly (3%, 223 Votes)
- Wash and Zoe - Firefly (3%, 213 Votes)
- Leo and Piper - Charmed (3%, 209 Votes)
- Buffy and Angel - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (3%, 190 Votes)
- Scully and Mulder - The X-Files (3%, 178 Votes)
- Ned and Chuck - Pushing Daisies (2%, 172 Votes)
- Simon and Kaylee - Firefly (2%, 161 Votes)
- Eric and Sookie - True Blood (2%, 154 Votes)
- Peter and Olivia - Fringe (2%, 149 Votes)
- Willow and Oz - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2%, 144 Votes)
- Cole and Phoebe - Charmed (2%, 139 Votes)
- Elena and Stefan - The Vampire Diaries (2%, 130 Votes)
- Lois and Clark - Smallville (2%, 126 Votes)
- Wesley and Fred - Angel (2%, 113 Votes)
- Jack and Sam - Stargate SG-1 (2%, 111 Votes)
- Xander and Anya - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2%, 110 Votes)
- Mick and Beth - Moonlight (1%, 85 Votes)
- Robin and Marion - Robin Hood (1%, 77 Votes)
- Monroe and Rosalee - Grimm (1%, 74 Votes)
- John and Aeryn - Farscape (1%, 74 Votes)
- Max and Logan - Dark Angel (1%, 72 Votes)
- Bill and Sookie - True Blood (1%, 72 Votes)
- Nick and Juliette - Grimm (1%, 63 Votes)
- Max and Liz - Roswell (1%, 63 Votes)
- Jo and Zane - Eureka (1%, 63 Votes)
- Sierra and Victor - Dollhouse (1%, 59 Votes)
- Hoyt and Jessica - True Blood (1%, 55 Votes)
- The Doctor and River Song - Doctor Who (1%, 52 Votes)
- Fargo - Eureka and Claudia - Warehouse 13 (1%, 52 Votes)
- Carter and Allison - Eureka (1%, 51 Votes)
- Tru and Luc - Tru Calling (1%, 38 Votes)
- Echo and Paul - Dollhouse (1%, 35 Votes)
- George and Nina - Being Human (UK) (0%, 30 Votes)
- Angel and Cordelia - Angel (0%, 24 Votes)
- Josh and Nora - Being Human (US) (0%, 21 Votes)
- Kara and Anders - Battlestar Galatica (0%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,191
24 thoughts on “Monday Madness: Favorite TV Couples – Speculative”
Tru and Luc from Tru Calling portrayed by Eliza Dushku and Matthew Bomer!!
How I miss Charmed!
Ned and Chuck are so UNDERrated!
where is Spencer and Ashley from South of Nowhere? I would have loved to see that. they’re the ultimate couple. LOL
HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS AND IANTO D:
Agreed! Jack/Ianto are especially heartbreaking.
Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones from Torchwood…
For all that we never see them much, one can easily say Mary and John Winchester are where the whole story of SPN starts. If it weren’t for John’s pain over losing his wife, he might not have taken up hunting monsters, and trained Sam and Dean to do so.
Supernatural’s my favorite Tv-Show, and like MimiSard says all beginn by Mary and John Winchester, I can tell better, by Mary Campbell who made the deal with the YED for saving John. My favorite episod with Mary and John is “The Song Remains the Same”. We’re trying to bring them back again on the show by a petition. I love the both characters and the actors Amy Gumenick and Matt Cohen.
You’re right, of course! Their love went both ways, with Mary saving John by making the original deal (she was, admittedly, blackmailed into it, but if she’d loved him any less she could have chosen to save one of her parents instead).
I am definitely in support of that poll – I’d love to see them on the show again!
Why aren’t Willow and Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer on here? And I think the author of the poll meant Kara and Anders instead of Kyra and Anders…
Arthur and Guinevere from Merlin are amazing!
ngl I had a bit of a private victory party when I saw that Buffy/Spike was (when I voted) beating Buffy/Angel.
But I agree with what has been said above, Willow and Tara and Jack and Ianto should have been included. And how about Angel and Cordelia from Angel?
Where is Willow and Tara? I mean I like Willow and Oz, but Willow and Tara are the absolute best! They are one of the cutest couples in Buffy! Wait a minute, there aren’t any same-sex couples on this list. D:
Rumpelstiltskin and Belle …hands down.
Agree with you 100% I have yet to find a couple on tv that equals the fire, passion, and intensity that is Rumbelle. 🙂
Where is the option for The Doctor and RIVER SONG?? They would’ve been the first ones to get my vote! They’re an absolutely epic OTP!
Yes, this poll is for guy/girl couples only. But I love Tara’s character (haven’t seen Torchwood yet), and I plan to include her in next week’s poll. It’ll be for characters who joined shows later on (anyone know of a better way to phrase that for the poll?), so be sure to come back and vote Monday!
damon elena obviously
Mary e John Winchester
Mary & John Winchester?!? Are you kidding me?
Kidding for what? if you’re a fan from Supernatural without Mary and John they will be not a tv-show called Supernatural, they’re a big part from the show, even they aren’t in a lot of episods. All beginn with the deal from Mary. And John teach to his sons to hunts monsters, ghosts and a lot of things like that, and see the votes. We love theses both characters young version or old version. And we love the actors too. My favorite actress’s Amy Gumenick (young Mary Winchester).
Rumpelstiltskin and Belle all the way!!! I’m so excited for Once Upon A Time season 2!!!!!! Counting down til September…
Supernatural is a truly awesome show. Mary and John are not only at the heart of this truly mesmerizing tv show, they are where it all began.