Back when we did our favorite TV couples polls (with realistic and speculative divisions) last spring, I promised that in the fall, we’d have the winners from those polls face each other in an ultimate showdown. Friends, that time is now. The top 20 couples in each of the two polls have joined together with 10 newbie wild card competitors to determine which couples are truly TV’s top 10!
Since this poll will take place over Thanksgiving (for us Americans), I’ll keep the poll open through the end of the month, giving you a full 15 days to get the word out for your favorite couples. You can vote for up to 10 couples, but choose carefully, as you only get to vote once! (Oh, and be sure to enter our Friends giveaway!)
Unlike most of our polls, you can’t nominate other couples, since this is based on the results of two previous polls. Even for our ten wild card additions, I only choose couples that did not appear in the previous polls. Some were overlooked, some are newer shows or newer couples, but I chose 5 from speculative shows and 5 from shows without speculative elements: Brad and Jane from Happy Endings, Nick and Jess from New Girl, Auggie and Annie from Covert Affairs, Troy and Britta from Community, Daniel and Kate from Perception, Oliver and Laurel from Arrow, John and Rachel from Alphas, Fargo and Holly from Eureka, Nathan and Audrey from Haven, and Adama and Roslin from Battlestar Galactica.
Fans have used Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, forums, Reddit, Pinterest, blogs, and chatboxes to get the word out about past polls. Our toolbar at the bottom of the page has lots of quick links to help you share this post, or you can mouse over the image above!
Without further ado, choose your favorite 10 out of the 50 couples below! Poll will close Friday night, November 30th.
Which is your favorite TV couple? (Choose up to 10!)
- Castle and Beckett (Castle) (9%, 1,283 Votes)
- Tony and Ziva (NCIS) (8%, 1,160 Votes)
- Elena and Damon (The Vampire Diaries) (5%, 680 Votes)
- Derek and Meredith (Grey's Anatomy) (4%, 621 Votes)
- Arthur and Gwen (Merlin) (4%, 555 Votes)
- Scully and Mulder (The X-Files) (4%, 517 Votes)
- Booth and Brennan (Bones) (3%, 474 Votes)
- The Doctor and Rose (Doctor Who) (3%, 462 Votes)
- McGee and Abby (NCIS) (3%, 461 Votes)
- Barney and Robin (How I Met Your Mother) (3%, 398 Votes)
- Chandler and Monica (Friends) (3%, 389 Votes)
- Kensi and Deeks (NCIS: Los Angeles) (3%, 387 Votes)
- Luke and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls) (2%, 330 Votes)
- Rachel and Ross (Friends) (2%, 311 Votes)
- Charming and Snow (Once Upon a Time) (2%, 304 Votes)
- Marshall and Lily (How I Met Your Mother) (2%, 276 Votes)
- Hodgins and Angela (Bones) (2%, 273 Votes)
- Buffy and Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) (2%, 265 Votes)
- Nick and Jess (New Girl) (2%, 262 Votes)
- Leonard and Penny (The Big Bang Theory) (2%, 244 Votes)
- Peter and Olivia (Fringe) (2%, 240 Votes)
- Chuck and Sarah (Chuck) (2%, 238 Votes)
- Wash and Zoe (Firefly) (2%, 232 Votes)
- Peter and Elizabeth (White Collar) (2%, 231 Votes)
- Mal and Inara (Firefly) (2%, 227 Votes)
- Leo and Piper (Charmed) (2%, 223 Votes)
- Rumpelstiltskin and Belle (Once Upon a Time) (2%, 217 Votes)
- Auggie and Annie (Covert Affairs) (1%, 206 Votes)
- Sheldon and Amy (The Big Bang Theory) (1%, 192 Votes)
- Buffy and Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) (1%, 188 Votes)
- Shawn and Juliet (Psych) (1%, 175 Votes)
- Emma and Graham (Once Upon a Time) (1%, 170 Votes)
- Michael and Fiona (Burn Notice) (1%, 169 Votes)
- Adama and Roslin (Battlestar Galactica) (1%, 166 Votes)
- Eric and Sookie (True Blood) (1%, 166 Votes)
- Eric and Nell (NCIS: Los Angeles) (1%, 164 Votes)
- Elena and Stefan (The Vampire Diaries) (1%, 163 Votes)
- Simon and Kaylee (Firefly) (1%, 144 Votes)
- Cole and Phoebe (Charmed) (1%, 138 Votes)
- Willow and Oz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) (1%, 114 Votes)
- John and Mary (Supernatural) (1%, 104 Votes)
- Ned and Chuck (Pushing Daisies) (1%, 97 Votes)
- Nathan and Audrey (Haven) (1%, 89 Votes)
- Oliver and Laurel (Arrow) (1%, 85 Votes)
- Ellie and Awesome (Chuck) (1%, 74 Votes)
- Troy and Britta (Community) (0%, 53 Votes)
- Brad and Jane (Happy Endings) (0%, 43 Votes)
- Daniel and Kate (Perception) (0%, 27 Votes)
- Fargo and Holly (Eureka) (0%, 26 Votes)
- John and Rachel (Alphas) (0%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,413
62 thoughts on “Favorite TV Couples Ultimate Showdown”
It should have been Duke and Audrey, not a fan of Nathan.;)
Where is Dean and Castiel?
I cannot vote. Why not?
Usually it’s just a simple glitch and refreshing the page works. Also, only one person per computer/internet network can vote, so if someone else has already voted using yours, you won’t be able to.
Yay! Multiple votes are not allowed!
I can’t vote either. I tried the link on my iPad and thought that was the problem, but now on my PC it doesn’t work either. I’ve never voted and no one else uses my computer. All I see are the stats for each pairing with no option to vote myself.
As soon as I posted my comment, magically I could vote. Seems like that’s the key. Refreshing the page before that did nothing.
Caskett forever <3
Yay for Tony & Ziva!!!
WOOOOO TIVA IS AT NUMBER 1, tony and ziva are king and queen of the ships!
Vote mcgee and abby
Abby and mcge
Should’ve been Sheldon and Penny for the Big Bang Theory, and no Lost couples? Blasphemy.
TIVA ALL THE WAY!!! THEY HAVE TRUE LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP! AND I ALSO LOVE DELENA!
Arthur and Gwen! Derek and Meredith! Buffy and Angel! Marshmellow and Lilypad! 🙂
Arthur and Guinevere!!!
I can’t vote either. This poll is invalid. Unless Caskett (or Mulder and Scully) win. Then it is TRUTH.
Troy and Britta is a bit creepy. Not as creepy as Jeff and Annie tho. What are they thinking? When can we get back to Jeff and Britta? There’s still stuff there…
Arthur and Gwen epic love!!!!
Damon and Elena. I could watch them all day long and never get bored. Love them.
OMG gogogo Tiva!
Tiva, McAbby, Caskett, MerDer! <3
They both have the best chemistry out of all the couples listed. They are unique and special.
I meant Arwen and Delena both.
i wish Cassie and Adam from the secret circle was on here
Why aren’t Mulder and Scully winning? They’re the original ship!
Nathan and Audrey <333
Kevin and Scotty from Brothers&Sisters are not on the list! 🙁
Where is Olivia and Fitz?
From the TV show Scandal
Tiva! :3 And Rose&The Doctor :3
Peter and Olivia FTW! Ultimate.
And Nathan and Audrey, of course 🙂
Tiva all the way 😉
It wont let me vote. All its doing is showing the reults, and refreshing doesnt do anything.
I tried refreshing the page and I still can’t vote! >.< Any suggestions? Please! I MUST VOTE FOR MY OTP! <3
… Thanks you guys c:
Aaaand Nevermind, once I commented i could vote. 😛
Oh well, at least I figured it out now!
&& Caskett now has another vote(:
Caskett has the best chemistry and story of any romance I’ve EVER seen told in television. They are each other’s perfect and they’re so enjoyable to watch together!!
Caskett !! <3<3
I vote Arthur/Bradley and Guinevere/Angel
Caskett all the way! And guess what? They’re winning !
having trouble voting for nathan and audrey
Derek and meredith are the best !!!
i choose Meredih and Derek in Greys anatomy
i choosed Meredith and Derek in greys anatomy
Arthur and Gwen are fab.
I voted for Arthur( Bradley James) and Gwen (Angel Coulby) from Merlin.
Luke and Lor and…Mer and Der!! <3
My favorite couple is not even there. Schmidt and Cece (New girl)
104 voices for John and Mary too bad I know it only 2 days before the endings
I did link to it a lot of times on Twitter. But don’t worry, I think I’m going to make this an annual poll!
Too much tweets to read by day for me, I haven’t a link from you but I’m not worried 🙂 love the idea to have a poll each Year, now the most important are the people choice awards. Once upon a time is my second favorite Tv-show just after Supernatural.
luke and lorelai
per me luke e lorelai sonoi migliori.