This Monday Madness, as nominated by Kathy Manno, we’re looking at TV villains! Some of these villains are pure evil, while others have a redeemable side and eventually begin working with the good guys – but please vote for them as a villain, not a hero! Some of these villains are so evil they can keep you awake at night, while others are so hilarious in their villainy that you almost want them to win.
This poll will be open for one week, and you can choose up to 10 of your favorite TV villains. Be sure to spread the word so your favorites will make it into the top 10! Fans have used Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, forums, Reddit, blogs, and chatboxes to get the word out about past polls. Get creative!
Even though there are 5
0-some options on this list, I know there are dozens of TV villains I left out! You can nominate villains I missed in the comments until Thursday night, and I may add them to the poll (villains from live-action scripted shows only, please).
Want more of a say in who makes it onto the poll each week? Be sure to follow me on Twitter or like TV Breakroom on Facebook, since I usually ask for nominations for the next Monday Madness the weekend before the new poll. Please help out with nominations! There are only so many shows I can watch personally, so I’m counting on you to fill me in!
Without further ado, here’s the poll for this week’s Monday Madness! Voting ends around 1AM June 25th.
Who is your favorite TV villain? (Choose up to 10!)
- Crowley (Mark Sheppard) - Supernatural (8%, 630 Votes)
- Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott) - Sherlock (7%, 572 Votes)
- Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) - Supernatural (6%, 535 Votes)
- Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) - Once Upon a Time (5%, 382 Votes)
- Regina Mills/Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) - Once Upon a Time (4%, 353 Votes)
- Spike (James Marsters) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (4%, 344 Votes)
- Alastair (Christopher Heyerdahl) - Supernatural (4%, 316 Votes)
- Azazel (Fredric Lehne) - Supernatural (4%, 309 Votes)
- Dick Roman (James Patrick Stuart) - Supernatural (4%, 306 Votes)
- The Master (John Simm) - Doctor Who (3%, 229 Votes)
- Angelus (David Boreanaz) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (3%, 227 Votes)
- Matthew Keller (Ross McCall) - White Collar (3%, 223 Votes)
- Ari Haswari (Rudolf Martin) - NCIS (3%, 215 Votes)
- Drusilla (Juliet Landau) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (2%, 202 Votes)
- Phil Constantino (Timothy Omundson) - Jericho (2%, 169 Votes)
- Sylar (Zachary Quinto) - Heroes (2%, 151 Votes)
- Mr. Yang (Ally Sheedy) - Psych (2%, 146 Votes)
- Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) - The Vampire Diaries (2%, 138 Votes)
- Cole Turner (Julian McMahon) - Charmed (2%, 133 Votes)
- Jim Sterling (Mark Sheppard) - Leverage (1%, 125 Votes)
- Klaus (Joseph Morgan) - The Vampire Diaries (1%, 123 Votes)
- Ben Linus (Michael Emerson) - Lost (1%, 122 Votes)
- Glory (Clare Kramer) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1%, 120 Votes)
- Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) - Glee (1%, 116 Votes)
- The Smoking Man (William B. Davis) - X-Files (1%, 112 Votes)
- George Foyet (C. Thomas Howell) - Criminal Minds (1%, 108 Votes)
- The Gravedigger (Diedre Lovejoy) - Bones (1%, 103 Votes)
- Mayor Wilkins (Harry Groener) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1%, 103 Votes)
- Lindsey McDonald (Christian Kane) - Angel (1%, 103 Votes)
- Anson Fullerton (Jere Burns) - Burn Notice (1%, 100 Votes)
- Lionel Luthor (John Glover) - Smallville (1%, 90 Votes)
- Red John - The Mentalist (1%, 86 Votes)
- Russell Edgington (Denis O'Hare) - True Blood (1%, 80 Votes)
- Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) - The Vampire Diaries (1%, 80 Votes)
- H.G. Wells (Jaime Murray) - Warehouse 13 (1%, 75 Votes)
- Gormogon (Laurence Todd Rosenthal) - Bones (1%, 71 Votes)
- The First - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1%, 55 Votes)
- J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman) - Dallas (1%, 54 Votes)
- Alexei Volkoff (Timothy Dalton) - Chuck (1%, 51 Votes)
- Number Six (Tricia Helfer) - Battlestar Galactica (1%, 49 Votes)
- Carla (Tricia Helfer) - Burn Notice (1%, 49 Votes)
- Sheriff of Nottingham (Keith Allen) - Robin Hood (1%, 47 Votes)
- Anna (Morena Baccarin) - V (1%, 43 Votes)
- Daniel Shaw (Brandon Routh) - Chuck (1%, 43 Votes)
- Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman) - Suits (1%, 42 Votes)
- The Chameleon (Christopher Lambert) NCIS: Los Angeles (1%, 42 Votes)
- Jasmine (Gina Torres) - Angel (0%, 41 Votes)
- Boss Hogg (Sorrell Booke) - The Dukes of Hazzard (0%, 41 Votes)
- Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) - Revenge (0%, 39 Votes)
- Nina Meyers (Sarah Clarke) - 24 (0%, 38 Votes)
- Adalind Schade (Claire Coffee) - Grimm (0%, 37 Votes)
- Marie Barone (Doris Roberts) - Everybody Loves Raymond (0%, 37 Votes)
- Noah Bennet (Jack Coleman) - Heroes (0%, 37 Votes)
- Elias (Enrico Colantoni) - Person of Interest (0%, 35 Votes)
- Alex Krycek (Nicholas Lea) - The X-Files (0%, 34 Votes)
- Maryann Forrester (Michelle Forbes) - True Blood (0%, 32 Votes)
- James MacPherson (Roger Rees) - Warehouse 13 (0%, 31 Votes)
- Siobhan Martin (Sarah Michelle Gellar) - Ringer (0%, 31 Votes)
- Amanda (Melinda Clarke) - Nikita (0%, 29 Votes)
- Gul Dukat (Marc Alaimo) - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (0%, 27 Votes)
- Percy (Xander Berkeley) - Nikita (0%, 21 Votes)
- Valerie Malone (Tiffani Thiessen) - Beverly Hills, 90210 (0%, 20 Votes)
- Herrick (Jason Watkins) - Being Human (UK) (0%, 16 Votes)
- Benny (Belita Moreno) - George Lopez (0%, 16 Votes)
- Daniel Holtz (Keith Szarabajka) - Angel (0%, 15 Votes)
- Weyoun (Jeffrey Combs) - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (0%, 12 Votes)
- Roan (Rob Stewart) - Nikita (0%, 9 Votes)
- Roy Biggins (David Schramm) - Wings (0%, 8 Votes)
- Peter Fleming (James Frain) - The Cape (0%, 7 Votes)
- Kai Winn (Louise Fletcher) - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,112
33 thoughts on “Monday Madness: Favorite TV Villain”
I would never consider Marie Barone of Everybody Loves Raymond in the Villain category.
Someone nominated her. I haven’t watched the show, so I don’t know how much of a villain she was in it.
Rudolf Martin forever! SO HAWT
Ari Haswari (Rudolf Martin)of course!!!!
Rudolf Martin (Ari) plays the BEST villain ever!!
Victoria Grayson (played by Madeleine Stowe) from Revenge should be on here.
I’ve added her!
Azazel/YED and Alastair are better villain choices for Supernatural than Lucifer or Dick Roman.
They’ve been added!
why can’t i just vote?
Sorry, the poll plugin seems to be having some trouble loading lately. Refreshing the page usually solves the problem. Also, make sure no one else has already voted on your computer/internet network – the poll is designed to prevent revoting! (I’d prefer if it let people vote once a day, but unfortunately, it’s unable to.)
Where is Alex Krycek from the X-Files. Loved the inclusion of JR Ewing. He was the first human villain I loved.
And as Mare says… Why Marie Barone?
Not on the list: Gul Dukat, Kai Winn, Weyoun (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Daniel Holtz (Angel), William Herrick (Being Human – UK).
From the list: The Mayor, Rumpelstilskin, Russell Edginton, Lionel Luthor, Drusilla… and I’d say Spike because he’s one of my all-time favorite characters, however he didn’t spend too much time as a real villain. While I love Six(es), I’m not sure they can even be called one character (and the degree to which each of them is villainous is debatable.
I absolutely agree with you’re nominee of Herrick (Being Human UK). He is one evil Son of a Bitch.
my vote is for Phil Constantino (Timothy Omundson) – Jericho (10%, 58 Votes)
Daniel Shaw, Red John, The Gravedigger, Anson Fullerton, Moriarty, Mr. Yang, and Ari Haswari. Never seen a single episode of Supernatural, yet he’s the best villian? I think not. Ari is definitely the worst of all of them.
Matthew Keller is simply the villain I love to hate on White Collar.
There were so many good “bad’ choices. It was really hard to only pick 10.
Matthew Keller es el mejor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jericho all the way! Netflix has the chance of revival, and we might get to see Phil Constantio again!
It was so long ago, I don’t remember which one was Phil?
Ari Haswari (Rudolf Martin). He’s AWESOME!!!
So the Supernatural vote is split 5 ways (all the other shows have 1 or 2 listed, with Nikita and TVD at 3) and we still place one of our villains in the top spot. And kudos to OUAT, with their two villains currently at 2 and 3.
We do have a lot of awesome villains on Supernatural. I can understand why there are 5 up there. (Or they’re trying to give other fandoms a chance, I can understand that too. 🙂 )
Um, when you can vote for up to 10 villains, having 5 villains for one show doesn’t handicap the show. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer also has 5 villains on the list.
I was joking rather than complaining, but also didn’t realize that you could vote for 10 villains. Too late for this poll, but good to know for the next one!
Acho que ninguém esperava, que Crowley desse a ultima cartada no final do episódio.
This poll is obviously a joke. I have studied these last few Monday Madness polls and I’m sorry, but something just doesn’t jibe. In this poll a couple of actors, very strangely, received literally hundreds of votes in the last few hours. And in the last poll also. Smacks of favouritism. I won’t be looking in again.
I’ve been following this poll closely, and your statement is a gross exaggeration. Crowley has received about one hundred votes in the past 8-9 hours, quite reasonable for the amount of work Supernatural fans have done in getting the word out via Twitter and other sites.
Yes, Supernatural characters have dominated several of the past polls, but I’ve seen about 10x the activity for promoting the polls by the Supernatural fandom than done by fans of other shows.
I personally haven’t gotten into Supernatural (I’ve watched the first 5 episodes or so), so the nominations for Supernatural characters come from fans of this site. I’ve tried to make things as fair as possible by only allowing readers to vote once.
Even while promoting the polls, I rarely promote it to Supernatural fans because so many others are already doing that. I usually focus on other shows to give them a fighting chance against Supernatural. Look at my past tweets for proof. Also, do a search for this site on Twitter, and you’ll see how much promotion Supernatural fans have done (and that doesn’t count Facebook, Tumblr, and the many other avenues they use).
If you’re unhappy about who’s winning polls, try promoting your favorite shows/characters instead of complaining about non-existent favoritism because other fans are doing a better job of spreading the word.
A link to this poll has shown up in my twitter timeline at least once a day from various sources since it opened.
I remember we had just finished voting in the People’s Choice Awards (which we won) the night before, and then the next morning people started putting out the word on twitter that we were losing to Castle in an e!online poll. Within a couple of hours we had surged into a distant first place, and someone commented: “How does the Supernatural fandom do that?! Do they have a command centre?”
Yes, we do. We’ve been at this for 7 years, we’ve developed very efficient networks. Our “command centre” on twitter is made up of accounts like @WinchesterBros and @SuperWiki, which have 45,000 and 27,000 followers respectively. People tweet links to them, and they tweet them back to thousands, who also retweet them to their followers. So Crowley getting 630 votes is very easy for us.
Also, a study by a sociologist proved Supernatural is by far the biggest and most active fandom. People forget that although the show only has about 1.8 million live viewers in the States (thanks to being on the CW), that figure doubles if you add DVR and online viewing, and more importantly, it is broadcast to 49 countries around the world. In some of those countries, like Brazil (where it is the most popular show), Russia and several European nations, they get many more million viewers than in the states. These people also vote in polls. (I’m not American, and I vote in them.) Supernatural’s viewers worldwide could easily number 40-60 million.
So you put all these things together, and it’s not surprising Supernatural dominates these polls, through no fault at all of the person running the poll. I know it must be frustrating for fans of other shows that Supernatural wins almost everything, but it’s through numbers, experience and commitment rather than anything untoward going on.
Obviously I’m a Supernatural freak and I voted for all the Supenatural villains I believe; which are Alastair, Azazel, Crowley, Dick Roman (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE :D) and some of the Nikita villains cause I usually watch it before SPN starts 😀 YAY and don’t forget to follow me on twitter SPNfamily! And TOMORROW, MONDAY 3PM US Eastern Time, Let’s trend #WeMissSPN together! 🙂 Also follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SPNfreaks