This round of Monday Madness, it’s time to look at TV couples! Because there are so many, I’ve divided this poll into 2 categories – realistic/contemporary and speculative. We’ll cover vampires, time travel, and spaceships next week. This week, we’re looking at couples from dramas, comedies, crime shows, and action. (And yes, it was really hard to decide where to put the couples from Chuck, with the show’s speculative elements, but since the show focuses on the spy aspect, I felt it was best to put it with the other spy shows.)
This poll will be open for one week, and you can choose up to 10 of your favorite TV couples. Be sure to spread the word so your favorites will make it into the top 10!
Even though there are
40 50-some options on this list, I know there are dozens of couples I left out! You can nominate couples I missed in the comments, and I may add them to the poll. You can also start nominating couples from paranormal, futuristic, and other outside-the-box shows for next week. Want more of a say in who makes it onto the poll each week? Be sure to follow me on Twitter, since I usually ask for nominations for the next Monday Madness the weekend before the new poll.
Without further ado, here’s the poll for this week’s Monday Madness! Voting ends around 1AM May 28th.
UPDATE: This poll is now closed. Go vote for this week’s poll – favorite TV couples in speculative shows!
Which is your favorite TV couple? - Contemporary/Realistic Division (Choose up to 10)
- Rick Castle and Kate Beckett - Castle (13%, 2,303 Votes)
- Peter and Elizabeth Burke - White Collar (10%, 1,703 Votes)
- Kensi Blye and Marty Deeks - NCIS: Los Angeles (6%, 1,087 Votes)
- Anthony DiNozzo and Ziva David - NCIS (5%, 820 Votes)
- Derek Shepherd and Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy (5%, 775 Votes)
- Seeley Booth and Temperance Brennan - Bones (4%, 763 Votes)
- Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker - Chuck (3%, 531 Votes)
- Chandler Bing and Monica Gellar - Friends (3%, 505 Votes)
- Marshall Eriksen and Lily Aldrin - How I Met Your Mother (3%, 498 Votes)
- Angela Montenegro and Jack Hodgins - Bones (3%, 496 Votes)
- Timothy McGee and Abby Sciuto - NCIS (3%, 486 Votes)
- Barney Stinson and Robin Scherbatsky - How I Met Your Mother (3%, 452 Votes)
- Rachel Green and Ross Geller - Friends (3%, 447 Votes)
- Leonard Hofstadter and Penny - The Big Bang Theory (2%, 416 Votes)
- Lorelai Gilmore and Luke Danes - Gilmore Girls (2%, 406 Votes)
- Shawn Spencer and Juliet O'Hara - Psych (2%, 391 Votes)
- Michael Westen and Fiona Glenanne - Burn Notice (2%, 361 Votes)
- Nell Jones and Eric Beale - NCIS: Los Angeles (2%, 318 Votes)
- Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah-Fowler - The Big Bang Theory (2%, 292 Votes)
- Ellie Bartowski and Devon "Awesome" Woodcomb - Chuck (1%, 249 Votes)
- Gregory House and Lisa Cuddy - House (1%, 242 Votes)
- Veronica Mars and Logan Echolls - Veronica Mars (1%, 231 Votes)
- Alec Hardison and Parker - Leverage (1%, 227 Votes)
- Jim Halpert and Pam Beesley - The Office (1%, 213 Votes)
- Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf - Gossip Girl (1%, 209 Votes)
- Cliff and Clair Huxtable - The Cosby Show (1%, 200 Votes)
- Will Schuester and Emma Pillsbury - Glee (1%, 198 Votes)
- Joey Potter and Pacey Witter - Dawson's Creek (1%, 197 Votes)
- Sydney Bristow and Michael Vaughn - Alias (1%, 190 Votes)
- Howard Wolowitz and Bernadette Rostenkowski - The Big Bang Theory (1%, 183 Votes)
- Nikita and Michael - Nikita (1%, 181 Votes)
- Lucy and Ricky Ricardo - I Love Lucy (1%, 179 Votes)
- Dan Humphrey and Blair Waldorf - Gossip Girl (1%, 151 Votes)
- Cal Lightman and Gillian Foster - Lie To Me (1%, 149 Votes)
- Nathan Ford and Sophie Devereaux - Leverage (1%, 111 Votes)
- Rob and Laura Petrie - The Dick Van Dyke Show (1%, 103 Votes)
- Walter Sherman and Isabella Zambada - The Finder (1%, 100 Votes)
- Derek Morgan and Penelope Garcia - Criminal Minds (1%, 93 Votes)
- Angela Bower and Tony Micelli - Who's the Boss? (1%, 92 Votes)
- Maddie Hayes and David Addison - Moonlighting (1%, 88 Votes)
- Jonathan and Jennifer Hart - Hart to Hart (1%, 86 Votes)
- Eric and Tami Taylor - Friday Night Lights (0%, 78 Votes)
- Molly Flynn and Mike Biggs - Mike & Molly (0%, 75 Votes)
- Michael Scott and Holly Flax - The Office (0%, 67 Votes)
- Arthur and Joan Campbell - Covert Affairs (0%, 58 Votes)
- Sam Malone and Diane Chambers - Cheers (0%, 54 Votes)
- Michael and Nikita - La Femme Nikita (0%, 51 Votes)
- Mike and Carol Brady - The Brady Bunch (0%, 38 Votes)
- Dexter Morgan and Rita Bennett - Dexter (0%, 30 Votes)
- Whitney and Alex - Whitney (0%, 22 Votes)
- Charlie Harper and Rosie - Two and a Half Men (0%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,341
71 thoughts on “Monday Madness: Favorite TV Couples – Realistic”
What about Walter Sherman and Isabella Zambada from The Finder?! I would totally vote for them!
Tony and Ziva – NCIS
Why would you vote for Tony and Diva, I meant Ziva?
They are not a couple.
They’re listed no? And just wait a few months…
And by the way a lot of couples on the list are not YET together…
Ugh, if they actually paired Tony and Ziva, I’d have to stop watching, and I’ve been an avid viewer since the show started! I cannot STAND Tiva. Ziva abuses Tony verbally far too much for me to support their ever actually getting together.
That’s your opinion. You don’t like it, fine, we do!
Well, that’s your opinion then. I happen to like TIVA, even if you don’t. And I’ll keep watching NCIS til it goes off the air because that’s what a faithful fan does, sticks it out no matter what. 🙂
C’est justement pourquoi on vote pour eux, ils sont trop mignon à jouer au chat et à la souris !!! – Enfin, perso, c’est ce que je pense – Mais Castle et Beckett ( dans Castle – ne le sont pas non plus ! – ils sont pourtant dans les premiers-
I agree with you. We are going to have to wait for this. “We the people” are in control, but the writers need to hear.
Shules ftw. Vote shules!!!
Orrrrrrr PB&J. Pam Beasley and Jim… What a waste.
Monica and Chandler – Friends
How about is Michael and Nikita in La Femme NIkita TV series? The best couple and the best TV show ever!
I would like to nominate two couples.
Eric and Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights who are hands down the best portrayed married couple ever to be on television and I’m a little shocked they aren’t on your list. At first I thought married couples weren’t included, but then I realized The Huxtables was on your list.
Second Joe and Allison Dubois. Yes Medium ended horrifically, but prior to that they also were a very realistic married couple.
Just added Eric and Tami! I’ll save Joe and Allison for next week since Medium has supernatural elements.
Peter and Elizabeth of White Collar are winning? Seriously?
Talk about the most boring couple on television ever!
Nikita and Michael to WIN!!!
This is what marriage should be!
Your list has a glaring omission: Eric and Tami Taylor. As another commentator said, best married couple on TV and they would have gotten my vote.
Peter and Elizabeth Burke are a great couple.. just love them!! Glad that they are winning!
Yes, the best couple on tv. Love the show. I voted for them. So glad they are winning.
Please add Eric & Nell from NCIS: Los Angeles
Peter and Elizabeth FTW!! That is what a perfect marriage should be like.
Marshall and Lily have an ideal relationship… best friends, first love, first relationship, marriage. Ideal, but not really seen in the real world.
House and Cuddy?! Are you kidding me? These shouldn’t even be on that list!
I think Morgan/Garcia should be here! Idc if they arent together, they are too damn cuute!
WTH-Fox Mulder and Dana Scully-X-Files not here?
Mulder and Scully will be on next week’s poll (for couples from shows that have speculative elements)!
I voted for Chuck and Sarah. If you are a Chuck fan and would like to see a Chuck movie please visit Chuck Movie Pledge http://reelz.us/JMhVDe to help other Chuck fans make the dream come true. Thanks!
Michael and Nikita 😀
Michael and Nikita are the altimate “IT” Couple of all time.They lookso good together.And on that note I’d lyk 2 wish Maggie Q a Super and Happy 33rd Birthday.Love U Mags.
kensi blye and marty deeks ! FOREVER
I think it’s lovely to have a place to vote that is easy! This is my 1st experience with this site. So far, so good! It would be wonderful to watch previous episodes of “Castle” in order here. I’m doing Castle Marathon. Sometimes, I can’t get a particular episode. But, I’m watching 3 at a time! I’m going back, I have messages. Thanks I shall return! Elaine Sanderson 5/22/2012
Plz add my favorite tv couple: Dexter Morgan & Rita Bennett – Dexter
Plz add Dexter Morgan & Rita Bennett from Dexter
Plz add these couples: Jess & Nick Miller from New Girl,
Carrie Mathison & Saul Berenson from Homeland,
Whitney Cummings & Alex Miller from Whitney,
And most important of all “Charlie Harper & Rosie”
RICK CASTLE AND KATE BECKETT FTW <3 best love story ever
Love the burkes, from white collar. They are an amazing and lovable couple
Miss Mork and Mindy
Rick and Kate!! Always <3
Caskett all the way!
castle and beckett all the way
Tony and ziva from Ncis!!! Theyre just the best ever!!! Though you can’t complain the runner ups would have to be the burkes from white collar and Monica and chandler from friends and Ross and Rachel but there are still quite a few anyone ever watched Alias would definitely put sydney Bristol and Michael those guys are really good together! And not to forget chuck and Sarah from chuck!
Please add Charlie Harper & Rosie from Two And A Half Men
Also please add Whitney Cummings & Alex Miller from Whitney
No Kevin Walker & Scotty Wandell from Brothers & Sisters?????
Best couple ever!!!
Ummm…. Mulder & Scully from the X-files?
Rick Castle y Kate Beckett de CASTLE.
Para mi la mejor pareja , Becketty Castle indudablemente, no hay otra mejor que ellos…..
How about Laura & Remington from Remington Steele?
Caskett all the way. And hey .. we’re winning.
CASTLE AND BECKETT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
DENSI THERE THE BEST!!!!!
Castle & Beckett!!! Always! <3 Seriously the best romance ever written for television!!!
Castle and Beckett’s love story is the best written story I have ever watched.
Castle and Beckett all the way.
Must say that Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) and Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) are my absolute favorite TV couple. However, if you had asked me that same question before I began watching Castle, I would have said that Amanda King (Kate Jackson) and Lee Stestson (Bruce Boxleitner) from Scarecrow & Mrs. King,(CBS 1984-1987) were my Faborite Tv Couple.
castle and Beckett by a long shot!
I cant figure out how to vote….. ? Someone help! LOL