For this round of our TV Olympics (our final poll will launch Sunday), we’re looking at father/son duos! There are a few trios in this poll, since for several of these dads, the bond between both sons seemed equally strong. For others, one father/son relationship seemed more dynamic that the other (and hence more worthy of the term “duo”).
This poll is for actual fathers (biological and adoptive, but not simply father-figures), and since the relationship between dad and son is a key part of the poll, they need to have appeared in a number of episodes together, and infant sons are excluded. If you know of any duos you believe should be in the poll, leave their names and the show in a comment!
Poll will be open for one week, and you can choose up to 3 of your favorite dad/son duos. Remember to keep checking the main event page for all the current polls and results!
What's your favorite father/son duo? (Choose up to 3!)
- John and Dean/Sam - Supernatural (27%, 269 Votes)
- Henry and Shawn - Psych (27%, 264 Votes)
- Walter and Peter - Fringe (15%, 144 Votes)
- Alan and Don/Charlie - Numb3rs (9%, 92 Votes)
- Jackson and Jethro - NCIS (6%, 61 Votes)
- Jonathan and Clark - Smallville (3%, 34 Votes)
- Uther and Arthur - Merlin (3%, 32 Votes)
- Marvin and Marshall - How I Met Your Mother (3%, 28 Votes)
- Nathan and Jamie - One Tree Hill (3%, 27 Votes)
- Stephen and Chuck - Chuck (2%, 24 Votes)
- Cliff and Theo - The Cosby Show (2%, 17 Votes)
- Frank and Danny - Blue Bloods (1%, 9 Votes)
- Vince and Trip - The Cape (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 582
5 thoughts on “TV Olympics: Favorite Father/Son Duos”
JR & John Ross, Dallas
All I can think of.
Andy and Opie Taylor
Howard and Richie Cunningham
Sylvester the cat and Sylvester Junior.
Barney and Bam Bam Rubble
George and Elroy Jetson
Mike Brady and boys Greg, Peter and Bobby
Ozzie and Ricky Nelson
Surely you know that TV shows existed before 1984.
Family makes for really interesting dynamics, because you have all those years of history and baggage, plus those unbreakable bonds that will push you to do anything for each other. The Winchesters are what makes Supernatural so interesting, beyond the hunting evil. It’s also what finally got me into Fringe. I couldn’t really buy the “fringe science” in the beginning, but the relationship between Walter and Peter made me keep watching.
I love John/Dean and Sam family. They are so real and tight with each other!
John and Dean/Sam – Supernatural